Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 2010 00:20:38 +0100
From:      Michal Varga <varga.michal@gmail.com>
To:        Christof Schulze <christof.schulze@gmx.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: suspend to disk

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Christof Schulze
<christof.schulze@gmx.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone
>
> today I tried whether my samsung q35 laptop would suspend using acpiconf on
> RELENG_8. I was amazed that acpiconf -s3 works out of the box. However
> acpiconf -s4 does not work which would be the useful side of hibernation for
> me.

http://www.freebsd.org/projects/acpi/

Excerpt:
suspend to disk -- Implement a suspend/resume from disk mechanism.
Possibly use the dump functions to dump pages to disk, then use ACPI
to put the system in S4 or power-off. Resume would require changes to
the loader to load the memory image directly and then begin executing
again.
 -- Not done.

Did anything change in recent years?

m.