Date:      Sun, 3 Mar 2002 16:57:05 -0500
From:      ScaryG <freymann@scaryg.shacknet.nu>
To:        Server Admin <admin@sage-one.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help needed with UPS startup script

On Sun, 03 Mar 2002 14:57:03 -0600
Server Admin <admin@sage-one.net> wrote:

> everything else (I think) running online fine, EXCEPT the
> "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apcupsd.sh" boot startup script. The script dies at
> the beginning because it "Cannot determine the PREFIX" ...figured path
> is wrong and is for Linux structure.

 Were you trying to "test" the script from the command prompt? by being in
the /usr/local/etc/rc.d directory and typing ./apcupsd.sh ?

 The "Cannot determine the PREFIX" error will pop up if you do this.

 To test the script, you must use the full path

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/apcupsd.sh start

 Now it can determine the prefix.

 Hopefuly you can recover the script in its original form (before you
edited it). I would suggest you retrieve the original.

Gerry -
Web/Domain Hosting -- Primary/Secondary DNS Services
at http://www.interpool.ca