Date:      Thu, 04 Sep 2014 09:49:26 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?B?SmVhbi1Tw6liYXN0aWVuIFDDqWRyb24=?= <jean-sebastien.pedron@dumbbell.fr>
To:        Kevin Oberman <rkoberman@gmail.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-x11@freebsd.org" <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: KMS error while trying to switch user in KDE

--tKJRGPg6jng4VkQtN9sNS0RNQglX8L5tE

On 04.09.2014 01:58, Kevin Oberman wrote:
> That may be fine, but most of the time I was running head (FreeBSD 4-7)=
,
> the kernel ABI had changed enough that a lot of stuff simply didn't
> work. This means tools mostly, E.g. top, *stat and the like. I have not=

> been running head since 10.0 was released, so this may be safe, but I'd=

> be careful to keep my old kernel and modules (/boot/kernel.old/*) in a
> safe place just in case.

A GENERIC kernel should allow you to run an older userland without
issues. That said, you're right to keep a backup of your stable kernel.

I believe that the feature required to have multiple X sessions open
simultaneously is available in this DRM 3.8 branch. So far, only one
person tested and reported that he could run two X servers. Of course,
I'm not asking you to run -CURRENT permanently, but if you test this
branch, please report how it goes for you :)

--=20
Jean-S=C3=A9bastien P=C3=A9dron