Date:      Thu, 25 May 2000 09:07:53 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Eilko.Bos@nl.origin-it.com (Eilko Bos)
To:        Kazutaka YOKOTA <yokota@zodiac.mech.utsunomiya-u.ac.jp>
Cc:        Eilko Bos <Eilko.Bos@nl.origin-it.com>, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Anyone else seeing jumpy mice?

> >FYI:
> >
> >FreeBSD 4.0-STABLE #0: Wed May 24 13:34:42 GMT 2000
> >CPU: Pentium II/Pentium II Xeon/Celeron (265.75-MHz 686-class CPU)
> >psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
> >psm0: model Generic PS/2 mouse, device ID 0
> >
> >I have a HP-mouse (2 button) which is actually a logitec.
> >
> >I tried with both moused and X. Both giving errors:
> >
> >	psmintr: out of sync (0080 != 0000).
> >	psmintr: out of sync (00c0 != 0000).
> >	psmintr: out of sync (0040 != 0000).
> >
> In /etc/rc.conf, set
>
> 	moused_enable="YES"
> 	moused_type="auto"
> 	moused_port="/dev/psm0"
> 	moused_flags=""
>
> In the "Pointer" section of /etc/XF86Config, you should have
>
> 	Protocol "SysMouse"	# or "Auto"
> 	Device "/dev/sysmouse"
>
> Do you still see error messages after setting up the things as above?

It doesn't really matter if I do it from the command line, using moused or
if I set it in rc.conf, right?  And I assume the 'apply' button in the
'mouse'-section of XF86Setup does, end the end, behave like I started X with
the settings as above.
And yes, with settings as above it is giving problems.

Meantime, I am still trying to get it back to 4.0_release, I did that last
night, but after that the mouse was not working AT ALL. Most probably I did
something stupid ;-) I reinstall from CD now. I don't have time to track
down the mistake I made with the downgrade.

---
Eilko.