Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2000 22:26:43 +0100 (BST)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org, jmb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: freebsd-ia64 list is live

On Tue, 26 Sep 2000, Peter Wemm wrote:

> I have extracted the initial members from the CC: lists on
> previous mail.
>
> The initial members are:
> peter
> ps
> marcel
> rnordier
> hsu
> dfr
> jlemon
>
> Please let me know if majordomo wont let you unsubscribe and
> change to a preferred address.  Just resubscribe and let me know
> and I'll take the old one off (assuming you cannot do it
> yourself).
>
> It is a clone of the freebsd-sparc list configuration.  I
> have not done this in a LONG time, so forgive me if I broke
> something.

This is appropriate timing. I executed my first (simulated) ia64
instructions today. I managed to get as far as mi_startup() before
panicing because the linker sets were busted (probably something odd with
the toolchain which I can fix).

I still have a long way to go before the thing is worth trying for real
but at least I managed to get it to print "Hello World!" :-).

--
Doug Rabson				Mail:  dfr@nlsystems.com
					Phone: +44 20 8348 6160