Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 13:58:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@Denninger.Net>
Cc:        Hallam Oaks <mlnn4@oaks.com.au>, "hackers@FreeBSD.ORG" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Multi-terabyte disk farm

On Wed, 28 Oct 1998, Karl Denninger wrote:
> I do my own drive integration all the time.  Its not difficult; you just
> have to pay attention to the SCSI rules regarding cabling and such.

Are you using the Kingston kit?  If not then my reply was not for you.

I was specifically addressing the Kingston hardware, and in particular,
the hotswap receiving frames and disk boxes.

Once the disks and frames are integrated into the enclosures you'll only
have to worry about the frequent fan failures.

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | 78 280Z | 75 164E | 84 245DL | FreeBSD/NetBSD/Sprite/VMS |
| winter@jurai.net |      This Space For Rent     | ix86,sparc,m68k,pmax,vax  |