Date:      Fri, 20 Feb 1998 10:55:06 -0800
From:      Studded <Studded@san.rr.com>
To:        Scot Elliott <scot@poptart.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: xntp messages in new build

Scot Elliott wrote:

> Hi.  I did a cvsup yesterday of the current Stable source, and built world.
> Now I'm getting syslog messages from xntpd.  And clues?
>
> Feb 20 15:34:16 uranus xntpd[16462]: Previous time adjustment didn't
> complete

	Check your clock to see if it's close to the correct time. I've had
problems sometimes after a reboot where the clock was so far off that
xntpd refused to adjust it. A quick ntpdate fixed me right up.

Hope this helps,

Doug

--
***         Chief Operations Officer, DALnet IRC network       ***
*** Proud operator, designer and maintainer of the world's largest