Date:      Mon, 17 Feb 2003 23:36:35 -0500
From:      Brent Verner <brent@rcfile.org>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to debug jdk14 with gdb on -current

Hi all.

  I'm having no luck using the gdb on -current to run the jvm.
What I get is:

-bash-2.05b$ gdb /usr/local/jdk1.4.1-bsd/bin/java_g
GNU gdb 5.2.1 (FreeBSD)
This GDB was configured as "i386-undermydesk-freebsd"...
(gdb) run Bind localhost
Starting program: /usr/local/jdk1.4.1-bsd/bin/java_g Bind localhost

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
0x28051260 in .rtld_start () from /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1
Error accessing memory address 0x28088bd0: Bad address.
(gdb)

  Can someone help me out and tell me how to run the jvm under
gdb (on -current)?

thanks.
  brent

to share his music with anyone is a beautiful thing."  -- Duane Allman