Date:      Tue, 15 Oct 2002 08:10:44 +0200 (MEST)
From:      belphoebe@gmx.net
To:        John Hay <jhay@icomtek.csir.co.za>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Wee bit of trouble with IPX

*mad snipping*

*
> Why do you try to configure both ep0 and ep0f1? And with the same ipx
> network number? I think you only need to configure ep0f1.

What I have learned:  (have a desktop connected to Netware 4-something
server, and damn it, [after a LONG struggle] it just works)

Figure out which frames to use!  f0-f3 are for different protocols, AFIK as:
f0=ETHER_II
f1=ETHER_8023
f2=ETHER_8022
f3=ETHER_SNAP

hopefully, whoever admins the novell box knows which protocols to use.  if
not . . . err . . . let's not think about that.  Then, get the ipx routing
addresses from self-same sysadmin for the protocols you wish to use:
the lines in my /etc/rc.conf look like:
ifconfig_xl0f2_ipx="ipx 0x000CFFEE"
ifconfig_xl0f3_ipx="ipx 0x000C0FFE"

have ipxrouted enabled (see /etc/defaults/rc.conf)

yes NCP and NWFS and IPX must be there, of course

then you can mount (Hooray!) via mount_nwfs.

good luck.