Date:      Mon, 21 May 2001 15:09:44 +1000
From:      "Andrew C Bergman" <abergman@isoproplex.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SMBus & Monitoring & AMD

Hi all,

We're trying to get some cpu temperature programs/things going here for the
purpose of graphing the data in mrtg, so we can predict when the AMD Duron
is going to melt.

Except we have a problem, stuff ain't working as it is supposed to.

We have a gigabyte 7ZX-1 motherboard, with a AMD Duron 750 chip on it, we
have configured our kernel with the SMBus stuffs, and all associated
devices.

This is the extract from dmesg:

ichsmb0: <SMBus controller> at device 7.4 on pci0
device_probe_and_attach: ichsmb0 attach returned 6

It returns the voltages from various things, yet nothing else seems to be
working.

Anyone have any ideas what is wrong, or is also having problems like this?

This stuff is rather new to me, I have read whatever is in LINT, and the
documents on a website that had a program called xmbmon for FreeBSD.

Thanks in advance,

---
Andrew C Bergman
Unix Systems Junkie
St Patrick's College, Tasmania, Australia.