Date:      Tue, 25 Feb 1997 20:06:32 +1100 (EST)
From:      ian wynne <ianw@angel.comcen.com.au>
To:        andrew@python.shoal.net.au, ianw@angel.comcen.com.au
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: your mail

>username and password (this isn't meant to sound sarcastic

I don't regard it as being sarcastic, I worked as a help desk person for
more than 4 years. I know who stupid people can be. I edited may passwd and
user name on purpose. I have my off days, but I'm stupid enough to broad-
cast my login and passwd in the mailling lists.

>does ppp ON setsuko change to PPP ON setsuko?
Yes the ppp dose change to PPP ON, however that only means that one of the
lower level layers is up. There are several layer which need to come up.

I've fetched the rfc on ppp and the FCS stands for Frame Check Sum, so I'm
check sum errors. I've turned on all the logging I can, and these errors
occur when udp packets are being passed backwards and forward. I think this
is then supposed to lead to the machines changing to tcp/ip mode.

I've check the information from my ISP and it dosen't mention anything
about chap authentication.

Thanks very much for your reply, I'll keep you posted.

Best regards,
Ian Wynn