Date:      Mon, 9 Aug 1999 21:10:01 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@freebsddiary.org>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: my posts don't hit the list

On 9 Aug 99, at 17:31, Greg Lehey wrote:

> On Monday,  9 August 1999 at 18:53:36 +1200, Dan Langille wrote:
> > All messages I sent to the list and majordomo seem to have no effect.
> > I'm sending from junkmale@xtra.co.nz.
>
> That's not what the headers say:

>   From: "Dan Langille" <dan@freebsddiary.org>

My mistake.  I meant to say that messages sent from xtra.co.nz don't
make the list.

> >  Checking the mailing list archives, the newest message in there
> > from me is dated 8 July, if that date has any significance.
>
> Strange.  What I see is that you don't appear to be subscribed, at
> least not as dan@freebsddiary.org, but junkmale is.

Yep.  That is correct.  And I am recieving messages from the list sent to
junkmale.

> > I sent mail to postmaster two days ago the xtra.co.nz account.  And
> > yesterday from dvl-software.com.
> >
> > Anyone know why the messages don't get through?
>
> Looks like something's blocking.  What does your mail log say?

Well, mail sent from xtra.co.nz goes via my ISP's mail server.  Nothing
has bounced back to me.

> Greg

BTW: I just installed vinum on cvsup.nz.freebsd.org.  Great tool Greg.
Thanks.
--
Dan Langille - DVL Software Limited
The FreeBSD Diary     - http://www.FreeBSDDiary.org/freebsd/