Date:      Fri, 15 Mar 2002 20:45:32 GMT
From:      Tim Preece <tim@cpio.nildram.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:Re: Modem AT Commands

Thanks Annelise,

The cu -l /dev/cuaa0 is great for interactive chat with the modem, can
it be used non interactively from within a script, from reading the man
page, I guess not. ?

Unfortunately my modem will accept the commands when I submit them
interactively in this manner, but when I append them to the chat script
in the ppp.conf, the modem just hangs, I presume waiting for a return
or something.

Is there another way for me to script this information in or do I need
to do more to the chat scripts, reading the ppp man page's, it does
mention about \r \nd \n, neither of these worked for me.

What is the \\ for in the chat scripts ?

Thanks again
--
-
Tim Preece.