Date:        Sat, 09 Jun 2001 10:54:01 +0200
From:      Arjan Knepper <arjan@jak.nl>
To:        Thomas Widlundh <tw@ettnet.se>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: pwd

Read the man page for bash and search for PS1 and PS2
you need to edit the .profile or .bashrc is don't want to mess up the sh shell config file file in you home
directory.
PS1="\h:\w \$"
export PS1

Or use the csh shell and edit the .cshrc file in your home directory

set prompt = "'hostname -s' :%/# "

Good Luck
Arjan