Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 2015 07:30:33 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        Hongjiang Zhang <honzhan@microsoft.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Is it allowed to copy hyper-v drivers from FreeBSD 10 and packed it into FreeBSD 9.2

On 22 November 2015 at 21:58, Hongjiang Zhang <honzhan@microsoft.com> wrote=
:
> Hi,
>
> Some people, who used FreeBSD 9.2 and back-port network driver for Hyper-=
v from FreeBSD 10, encountered a network issue. They installed 2 VM (FreeBS=
D 9.2 with the customized FreeBSD kernel) on Azure. Network went offline ve=
ry soon when the big file (~320M byte) is copied from one VM to anther thro=
ugh "scp". If TSO is disabled through "sysctl -w net.inet.tcp.tso=3D0", thi=
s issue will be alleviated but cannot be eliminated. I did not figure out w=
hy.

> I have checked the release notes of FreeBSD 9.2/9.3/10, but did not find =
anything which blocked the back-port. It is supposed 9.2 allows the back-po=
rted Hyper-v drivers from 10. Is this assumption correct?

Hi!

It may be something to do with maximum mbufs per packet or some other
limit like that. Is there a lot of interest in backporting the latest
hyperv driver to 9.2?

-a