Date:      Sat,  9 Jun 2001 04:40:09 -0500
From:      Gerd Knops <gerti@bitart.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need Intel Etherexpress pxe boot rom hack...

Hi,

I am putting together a net-booted machine, that is to be at a remote
location without keyboard and monitor.

The problem is that the Intel PXE boot rom times out fairly quickly if
the server doesn't respond in time (maybe because it needs a little
longer to start up). It then displays a (in that setup not very
helpful) 'Press Ctrl+T to try again' and hangs...

I guess worst case I put together a watchdog timer that reboots the
machine after a couple of minutes if it isn't reset, but that seems not
to elegant.

Anyone know how to hack the boot rom so that it simply starts over
instead? 86 assembler is not my cup of tea... I'd be willing to pay
some $ for that solution too.

Thanks much

Gerd