Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 2002 00:11:18 +0200
From:      Jeff.Kelly@t-online.de (=?iso-8859-1?Q?Christian_Fl=FCgel?=)
To:        "Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine" <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>, <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Subject:   Re: upgrade from 4.5 to current fails

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine" <brunner@nic-naa.net>
To: "Christian Flügel" <Jeff.Kelly@t-online.de>
Cc: <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>; <brunner@nic-naa.net>
Sent: Tuesday, April 23, 2002 11:55 PM

> Yeah. I picked those up too -- the signal 12 @ the install phase of
ch<foo>.
> I also got another shell failure when doing the depend phase of the kernel
> build, but since I don't care what is in vers.c, and I don't care about
the
> ch<foo> set of utilities, I cheerfully continued.

It is strange that nothing is mentioned in either UPDATING or README about
these problems.

> Having spent many paid hours debugging the shell, this wasn't worth the
> unpaid time to fix, since the work-around is simply a hosted (2nd) build,
> in addition to the cross (1st) build.

What do you mean with hosted build?

installworld just plain stoppped on this error which has left me with a
system in an unusable state. So what can I do (except reinstalling
everything) do get things going again.

Regards

Christian