Date:      Mon, 02 Jul 2001 02:06:57 -0700
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@urx.com>
To:        "A. L. Meyers" <a.l.meyers@consult-meyers.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make installworld problem

"A. L. Meyers" wrote:

> Dear Kent,
>
> Next episode in the make installworld odysee:
>
> Followed your instructions on making pod2man. It worked!
> Thanks. make installworld finally completed without error
> messages.
>
> However as previously reported (sigh), running mergemaster
> completed without errors but has somehow altered system
> initialization, e. g.:
>
> 1. sendmail does not start although configured "YES" in
> /etc/rc.conf

The location for the aliases changed. It used to be in /etc and now they
are in /etc/mail. I remember having to run newaliases to get sendmail to
quit complaining at startup.

> 2. inetd starts although set to "NO" in /etc/rc.conf
>
> 3. Swiss German keyboard not loaded
>
> 4. command "vidcontrol 80x50" from console gives error message
> but used to complete flawlessly

The section of "man vidcontrol" has options you may need to build into
your kernel or load as a kld.

> etc.
>
> How should I proceed to repair the system?

I've run out of ideas on the rest.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart