Date:      Wed, 08 Jul 1998 23:02:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
To:        The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: generating PLIST...

My secret spy satellite informs me that on 09-Jul-98, The Hermit Hacker
wrote:

> Morning...
>
>       How do ppl generally generate the PLIST file?  I just upgraded
> kdemultimeia, and I want to make sure that PLIST is correct.  I tried
> doing a 'make PREFIX=<some empty directory>' so that I could just do a
> 'find' off of it to get a listing, but then configure failed...

Here's what I usually do.

Before running 'make install', 'touch' a file.  I call mine "instdate".

Then run make install.

Then run: find ${PREFIX} -newer ./instdate -print

This will print out a listing of the files that were just installed..

then strip ${PREFIX} off the front of each line (use sed or somesuch), and
you got yourself a PLIST.
---
Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com> - Ask me for my PGP key | PGP: Your
WWW HomePage: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/  ICQ #1347455 | right to
Address: P.O. Box 91212, Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212   | 'Net privacy.
Phone: (805) 957-9666    FAX: (800) 492-5954            | USE IT.