Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 2009 12:32:01 -0700
From:      Blake Covarrubias <blake@ekalb.net>
To:        Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Jails creation

Hi,

This is how I perform binary updates and installation of jails. I used
a file called install.cfg to hold my sysinstall variables.

### install.cfg ###
installVarDefaults
releaseName=7.2-RELEASE
_ftpPath=
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/

mediaSetFTP
dists=base man
distSetCustom
installRoot=/srv/jails/example.domain.tld/root
installCommit
################

# Install
mkdir -p /srv/jails/example.domain.tld/root
sysinstall configFile=/root/install.cfg loadConfig

freebsd-update works within the jail to update patches. For migrating
point releases (7.1 to 7.2) after updating the host OS I use the
commands below.

env UNAME_r=7.1-RELEASE-p5 freebsd-update -b /srv/jails/
example.domain.tld/root -r 7.2-RELEASE upgrade
freebsd-update -b /srv/jails/example.domain.tld/root install
/etc/rc.d/jail restart <jail>
freebsd-update -b /srv/jails/example.domain.tld/root install

Works great in my environment.

--
Blake Covarrubias