Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:10:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Andrew Grillet <andrew@grillet98.screaming.net>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/22961: New installation of 4.1.1 won't boot

The following reply was made to PR i386/22961; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andrew Grillet <andrew@grillet98.screaming.net>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org,
	andrew@grillet98.freeserve.co.uk
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:04:55 +0000

 I later found the reference to a problem with Boot0 problems in the
 Errata
 for release 4.1, and a new version of boot0. Unfortunately, when I
 downloaded the new version, and tried boot0cfg, it said 'bad magic'.

 My guess is that downloading using a browser is equivalent to ftp in
 text mode.

 I compiled a boot0 from the source on the CD, and that does not work.
 I am still looking for a good source.

 --
 Andrew Grillet

 Check out my new, trendy web site: