Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 09:17:15 +0300
From:      Anand Buddhdev <arb@anand.org>
To:        Eugene Sevinian <sevinian@aya.yerphi.am>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: crontab

On Wed, May 19, 1999 at 10:41:51AM +0400, Eugene Sevinian wrote:

I'm guessing that you're putting this entry in root's personal crontab.
There are 2 types of cron tables in FreeBSD, a system-wide cron table,
/etc/crontab, and user-specific tables. With the system-wide table, you
have to specify a username, under which the program should run. In a
personal crontab, there is no need to specify a username. Edit root's
personal crontab (crontab -u root -e)
and remove the "root" username, and see what happens.

--
System Administrator
See complete headers for address, homepage and phone numbers