Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2001 07:43:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Gallagher <mgllghr@bu.edu>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        evilfry@sg.freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: <OT> I Think I have a dead Athlon

On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> >Hi there,
> >
> >	If i were you, i will bring it back to the vendor :)
> >
> >Besides please do not do any overclocking
>
> I'll second this.  Make absolutely, positively sure that if there are any
> CPU
> switches on the motherboard that they are set properly.

  Yeah, that's not really an option.  I've had the board for over a year.
Warranties, and guarantees, and the like have all dried up.  The machine
ran great until one day when it just shut off by itself, and then I tried
to power it back up, and no dice. However, I appreciate the suggestion.
  I've gone over the switches several times, but haven't seen an
misconfiguration.  The board wasn't overclocked, or anything like that.
It was running in its intended fashion.

 ~mike