Date:      Sun, 30 Nov 1997 20:03:33 GMT
From:      jak@cetlink.net (John Kelly)
To:        John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 650 UART, SIO driver, 8259 PIC

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997 00:21:33 -0800, John-Mark Gurney
<gurney_j@efn.org> wrote:

>I've thought about upgrading sio so that it would understand the
>existance of it, but there were a number of problems...  the status
>register is stored in the scratch register of the fourth port of the
>board...  also, on the AST/4 the port to write to, to clear ALL the
>interrupts

When you say "to clear ALL the interrupts," are you talking about an
AST-style control register?  My board only has a status register, so I
don't understand the notion of clearing interrupts by writing to a
port.  Can you explain the use of an AST-style control register?

John