Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 1997 21:36:51 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        jhay@zibbi.mikom.csir.co.za (John Hay)
Cc:        logue@engr.orst.edu (Steve Logue), stenn@whimsy.udel.edu, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xntp3-5.89.2 & FreeBSD 2.2-GAMMA won't compile

As John Hay wrote:

(xtnp problems)

> I have fixed it in FreeBSD-current, but weren't sure if it should go into
> 2.2. Any opinions anyone?

> If somebody from the 2.2 release team give the go-ahead I would be
> happy to put it in 2.2.

Barring any objections from other partys in say, the next couple of
days, go ahead.  (Do you know how to do branch commits?)

Please, see also PR # bin/2469.  I think the designated solution to
the problem was to introduce a LOG_NTP facility.  Somebody needs to
track this, or it will be forgotten.  (I really need it, right now,
i've hacked xntpd locally to log the annoying messages at LOG_DEBUG
level.)

--
cheers, J"org