Date:      Wed, 19 May 1999 01:55:44 +0100
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        "Holloway, Mark" <holloma@sierrahealth.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (Book) Design & Imp. of 4.4BSD

Holloway, Mark wrote:

> I truly love the BSD operating system.  I invested money into SUN and SGI
> equipment in my home network but I still feel *BSD is the worlds most
> powerful OS.  I want to learn as much about the structure of BSD as
> possible.  I want to learn about the guts of BSD.  I have The Complete
> FreeBSD book which has its place on my desk..
>
> I want to know if "Design..." is worth buying.  Has anyone read this book?
> I appreciate the feedback!

Yes, I've read it. Most of it, anyway, I only bought it myself a
few weeks back and haven't found time to read all of it yet (got
to about chapter 12, so far). I think as soon as I finish, I'll
start from the beginning again, I think it will take a while for
it all to sink in..

I'm also glad to read in Greg's message that Kirk's writing a
FreeBSD version. I don't know if it's worth waiting for that or
not. (I wouldn't, you don't know how long that one will be.)

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk