Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 1999 10:19:45 -0800
From:      Brooks Davis <brooks@one-eyed-alien.net>
To:        Marty Cawthon <mrc@ChipChat.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvs-all: -Current or -Stable ?

On Mon, Nov 08, 1999 at 03:12:17PM +0000, Marty Cawthon wrote:
>   I have recently subscribed to the 'cvs-all' mailing list.
> It is interesting, and I can see it will be useful.
>
>   I understand that there are two branches of development for FreeBSD:
> -Current and -Stable.

It's a bit more complicated then that since -stable is 3.x and -current
is what will be 4.x, but people still commit to 2.2.x and very
occasionally to 2.1.x.

>   In looking at a message to 'cvs-all' how can I determine to which
> branch, -Current or -Stable,  a file has been committed?

On the line in the message containing the words "Modified Files:" you
will see the branch of the tree if it is not HEAD (aka -current).  It
looks like this:

  Modified files:        (Branch: RELENG_3)

-- Brooks

--
"Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security, will not
have, nor do they deserve, either one"