Date:      Tue, 4 Sep 2007 08:10:48 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   New USB stack - some updates

Hi,

There hasn't been some many changes during the last month to my SVN repository
nor P4 tree. Actually that is because my cable provider in Norway has been
terribly slow providing me decent internet access. So there will be a big
commit soon with lots of improvements.

Anyways, there are several changes coming soon, some of which might interest
you:

1) Optimisations for embedded platforms
1.a) Reduced stack usage
1.b) Faster USB control transfers
1.c) Loading of DMA buffers with automatic cache synch operations.

2) End of data bouncing in USB drivers. Using DMA buffers are now mandatory.

3) Some non-critical bug fixes.

4) Planned "USB device side" support. Currently only the "USB host side" is
well supported.

--HPS

PS: I will be at EuroBSDcon in Denmark next week, available for comments.