Date:      Fri, 15 Jan 1999 01:15:38 -0800
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
Cc:        junkmale@xtra.co.nz, imp@village.org, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/tcpdump/tcpslice tcpslice.c

On Jan 15,  7:38pm, Greg Lehey wrote:
} [following up to -chat]
}
} On Friday, 15 January 1999 at  0:47:28 -0800, Don Lewis wrote:
} > On Jan 15,  8:12pm, "Dan Langille" wrote:
} >> Subject: Re: cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/tcpdump/tcpslice tcpslice.c
} >
} >> Yeah.  I've been sent some stuff by political activists claiming that Y2K
} >> is a reason to get back to the land and reduce our dependency on
} >> technology.
} >
} > Getting back to the land around here in the winter would not be a good
} > idea.  Just look at what happened to the Donner Party.  See
} > <http://www.deepwell.com/~anthonyj/>; if you're not familiar with the
} > story ...
}
} Ugly story.  But who was talking about winter?

Well for those of us in the northern hemisphere, the century rolls over
during the winter.  That's not the best time to schedule massive blackouts
and other technological disasters.  Maybe I should file a PR ;-)