Date:      Wed, 03 Aug 2011 12:58:13 +0200
From:      Bas Smeelen <b.smeelen@ose.nl>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Fw: 8.2-RELEASE-amd64.iso weirdness (help!)

On 08/03/2011 09=3A06 AM=2C Conrad J=2E Sabatier wrote=3A
=3E I ran dd and zeroed out the entire first gigabyte of space on the
=3E drive=2C yet grub was still there!  I couldn=27t believe it=2E  I=27m o=
n the
=3E verge now of just zeroing out the entire drive=2E  Hate to have to reso=
rt
=3E to such a ridiculously extreme method=2C but at this point=2C there see=
ms
=3E to be little else left to try=2E  The unfortunate thing is that=2C afte=
=3E all these repeated failures=2C I then have to go back and reinstall Ubu=
ntu
=3E Linux to get back online=2C post questions=2C do further investigation=
=2C etc=2E
=3E Very time-consuming=2E
You can just run a live cd or usb to get online

This e-mail is for the intended recipient=28s=29 only=2E Access=2C disclosu=
re=2C copying=2C
distribution or reliance on any of it by anyone else is prohibited=2E If yo=
u have received it
by mistake please let us know by reply and then delete it from your system=
=2E