Date:      Fri, 4 Jul 2008 02:21:06 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Daniel_Dvo=C5=99=C3=A1k?= <dandee@hellteam.net>
To:        "'Boris Kovalenko'" <boris@tagnet.ru>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD Port: quagga-0.99.9_7

Hi Boris,

I am sorry for my late answer. I was on holidays.

>I remember Makefile has ENABLE_VTY_GROUP knob, so You may use it. Is it =
what You need?

egrep "ENABLE_VTY_GROUP" /usr/ports/net/quagga/Makefile
.if defined(ENABLE_VTY_GROUP)
CONFIGURE_ARGS+=3D--enable-vty-group=3D${ENABLE_VTY_GROUP}
        @${ECHO} "ENABLE_VTY_GROUP  Specify group for vty socket =
ownership"

But it seems it is not enabled, isn=C2=B4t it ?

I'm not sure if this is it, but I would like to behave the quagga in =
Debian (Linux) and FreeBSD consistently.

In contrast, FreeBSD, Linux also has a file named quagga in the =
directory /etc/pam.d/.

This file is not in FreeBSD in directory /usr/local/etc/pam.d or =
/etc/pam.d, which I would in the case of second option even understand.

Perhaps to FreeBSD is not needed, but then what exactly in the table the =
options of quagga when compiling means the possibility of "PAM PAM =
authentication for vtysh" ?

However, the aim is this:

I have an user XXX and I want him to give sufficient privileges to =
manipulate the quagga. I do not want to give him permission through sudo =
or through su commands. In addition, I want in order to when in the =
vtysh.conf file, the user XXX is set with the possibility of nopassword, =
vtysh not ask me for a password to the quagga.

Sh interpreter is preset to FreeBSD systems, so that the goal is for =
these above-mentioned conditions, to run vtysh straight and asks for =
nothing.

So far, only what the user see the error message:

> Vtysh
Exiting: failed to connect to any daemons.

I do not know how to do, to ask me, but the goal is identical behavior =
quagga on FreeBSD to Linux systems and that=C2=B4s all, not more and not =
less.

Thank you.

Regards,
Daniel