Date:      Sat, 6 Apr 2002 18:49:44 +1000 (EST)
From:      Rob Hurle <rob@coombs.anu.edu.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   USB Digital Camera - Fuji

	Does anyone know of software to access a Fujifilm F601 digital
camera through the USB port?  The camera announces itself as:

 ugen0: Fuji Photo Film Co., Ltd. USB Mass Storage, rev 1.10/10.00, addr 2

when connected.  I have umass (and associated modules) installed, but an
attempt to mount the ugen0 device by using the following entry in
/etc/fstab:

# The digital camera
/dev/ugen0      /camera         msdos   rw,noauto,longnames     0       0

gives the error message:

msdos: /dev/ugen0: Block device required

(the same occurs if I change the file system to "ufs").  Any clues will
help.  Thank you.

	BTW, the port /usr/ports/graphics/fujiplay seems to only handle
serial connections to some earlier Fujifilm cameras.

Cheers,

Rob Hurle
	Rob Hurle			 Tel: +61 2 6247 2397
	PO Box 13			 Fax: +61 2 6247 2397