Date:      Sat, 30 Apr 2011 01:08:57 +0200
From:      Olivier SMEDTS <olivier@gid0.org>
To:        Devin Teske <dteske@vicor.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [RELEASE] New Boot-Loader Menu

Le 29 avr. 2011 =E0 21:17, Devin Teske <dteske@vicor.com> a =E9crit :

Would it be possible to support the curent loader settings present in
/boot/loader.conf ? I've got something like :
loader_logo=3D"beastie"
autoboot_delay=3D"0"

And while the pre-menu delay of 2 seconds is great, is it possible to
turn it off or adjust it ?

Thanks !

> Simply deleting the line or comment it out (by adding "\ " -- backslash-s=
pace -- to the beginning of the line) is equivalent to setting logo to "bea=
stie". Here's a short explanation of each value:

>    NAME        DESCRIPTION
>    beastie        Color ``Helper Daemon'' mascot (19 rows x 34 columns)
>    beastiebw    B/W ``Helper Daemon'' mascot (19 rows x 34 columns)
>    fbsdbw        "FreeBSD" logo in B/W (13 rows x 21 columns)
>    orb        Color ``Orb'' mascot (15 rows x 30 columns)
>    orbbw        B/W ``Orb'' mascot (15 rows x 30 columns)
>
> I'm not sure what you meant by "Beastie ASCII" image, but I think you're =
either looking for "beastie" or "fbsdbw".

> You should have to, but if you need to, you can add:
>
>    set logoX=3DX
>    set logoY=3DY
>
> to force the row/column placement of beastie.
> --
> Devin
>

>> --
>> Freddie Cash
>> fjwcash@gmail.com

> The information contained in this message is proprietary and/or confident=
ial. If you are not the intended recipient, please: (i) delete the message =
and all copies; (ii) do not disclose, distribute or use the message in any =
manner; and (iii) notify the sender immediately. In addition, please be awa=
re that any message addressed to our domain is subject to archiving and rev=
iew by persons other than the intended recipient. Thank you.