Date:      16 Mar 2003 22:44:46 +0000
From:      Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
To:        Maksim Yevmenkin <myevmenk@exodus.net>
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bluetooth stack for FreeBSD

On ne, 2003-03-16 at 20:50, Maksim Yevmenkin wrote:

> > I'm not able to send anything from phone to PC. I did:
> >
> > # sdpd
> > # sdptool add --channel=10 OBEXP
> > # obexapp -s -C 10
>
> service should be OPUSH or FTRN *not* OBEXP. you might want to
> expriment with this and add one at a time to figure out which
> one your phone is looking for.

Oops, my oversight. Trying now with OPUSH and FTRN.

> > but the phone fails with Connection lost and watching hcidump reveals
> > that HCI connection is not established.
>
> hcidump output please.

> HCI Event: Connect Request(0x04) plen 10
  A4 19 29 37 80 00 04 02 52 01
< HCI Command: Accept Connection Request(0x01|0x0009) plen 7
  A4 19 29 37 80 00 00
> HCI Event: Command Status(0x0f) plen 4
  00 01 09 04
> HCI Event: Connect Complete(0x03) plen 11
  1A 2A 00 A4 19 29 37 80 00 01 00

> > Also I don't know how to read current configuration of sdpd,
> > sdptool browse gives me strange results.
>
> you can examine local SDPD database by typing
>
> sdptool browse ff:ff:ff:00:00:00

Ah, magic numbers. I would not figure this out. Thanks

> > BTW friend with Nokia 6310i was visiting me today, inquiry works,
> > obexapp downloading works, putting does not work. I haven't chance to
> > test pairing or pppd. What amused me is that I was able to download his
> > whole phone directory without any authentication.
>
> this is nice :) is Bluetooth enabled by default on 6310i?

No, it isn't. But it have only two states - enabled and disabled. So
when user enable Bluetooth, his phone is responding to inquiries and
OBEX transfers. I can imagine businessman with Bluetooth permanently
enabled on his phone for convenience.

--
Pav Lucistnik <pav@oook.cz>
Iterovat je lidske; delat rekurzi je bozske.