Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:29:32 +0100
From:      Ulf Lilleengen <lulf@pvv.ntnu.no>
To:        Soeren Straarup <xride@x12.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A beginner project

On lør, jan 20, 2007 at 08:31:17 +0100, Soeren Straarup wrote:
> What would be a beignner project within geom?
>
> Something is acutally going to be used by atleat some.
>
> I have briefly looked at:
> http://www.freebsd.org/projects/ideas/#p-psched

I advise you to look at this thread which took up some issues about this
project. As I said in the post, I've started to do some benchmarking on how
efficient the current disksorting is now, and so far on fairly modern hardware,
it's not a big difference with or without it.

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-geom/2007-January/001854.html

--
Ulf Lilleengen