Date:      Wed, 28 Oct 1998 14:05:09 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, Ana Maria Silva <ams@jonny.eng.br>
Subject:   Re: MLINKS in ports Makefiles

Perhaps you could qualify "it does not work".  I made the
change and it worked then and still works now.  This port
is a perfect example of what MLINKS is good at.

steve[/usr/local/man/man1]$ ls -l s{nice,kill}*
-rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  2761 Oct 28 13:38 skill.1.gz
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel    10 Oct 28 13:38 snice.1.gz -> skill.1.gz
steve[/usr/local/man/man1]$

As for your PS: comments, I make a very conscious effort
not to make changes to "maintained" ports without getting
the maintainer's consent first.  In this case I was trying
to meet a release deadline and considered the change to
be trivial.  And yes I did "fully test" it several times
before I committed it.

Please before submitting a patch to back this change out, help
us understand why it doesn't work for you, so that we can
fix it.

Thanks, Steve