Date:      Fri, 08 Mar 2002 12:31:03 -0500
From:      Sandro Mancuso <sandro.m@videotron.ca>
To:        'Drew Tomlinson' <drew@mykitchentable.net>, 'Sandro Mancuso' <sandro.m@videotron.ca>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Installing Freebsd

Indeed, that's what I tried doing last night... and it worked.  I have
another related question however now.  Is there some reason why this
machine will not install via FTP from behind another freebsd box running
as a gateway?  I set the gateway IP to be the IP of the box connected to
my cable modem, 192.168.0.1 and gave it an IP of 192.168.0.25 and
nomatter which ftp format I use, this is what I get:

"couldn't open FTP connection to ftp.freebsd.org: Undefined error: 0"

FTP works splendidly from my windows box, which is behind the
gateway/firewall as well.  Furthermore, I've changed the ruleset on that
box (running IPFilter) to "pass in quick all" and "pass out quick all"
effectively allowing everything.

Does it simply not like installing this way? Or is there something I've
overlooked?