Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 08:48:38 +0200
From:      Martin Dieringer <dieringe@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Erich Zigler <erichz@superhero.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TV Tuner PCMCIA

On Sun, 1 Oct 2000, Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <20000930232311.A10258@superhero.org> Erich Zigler writes:
> : I was wondering if anyone has had any success with any of the TV Tuner
> : PCMCIA products on the market today and FreeBSD 4.x. If so what one do you
> : recommend?
>
> I'm not aware of any, but if you find one, please let us know.  These
> aren't on my list for NEWCARD.  I have a bunch of cards on my plate
> for NEWCARD...

You don't know any cards?

I have the Pantech "Real ZV Capture Card"
http://www.pccard.se/product/KAA-3001-en.html
but I think it is no longer being produced,

There are others by Nogatech
and Margi (Capture or TV to Go)
http://www.margi.com/products/capturetogo.html

All of them use the so-called ZV (Zoomed Video) port,
maybe NEWCARD will be able to handle this?
http://www.pc-card.com/papers/zv.htm
http://www.multisource.com.au/realmagc/zvfaq.htm

The only one ever supported by FreeBSD was the IBM Smart Capture card,
but this was apparently only available in Japan and quality wasn't
comparable to the new ones.

martin