Date:      Sun, 21 Apr 1996 12:27:23 -0700
From:      Kevin McQuiggin <mcquiggi@sfu.ca>
To:        "Daniel P. Pflager" <dpflag@ix.netcom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Samba 1.9.14

I had similar problems setting up samba. I solved them by starting nmbd with
the workgroup specified explicitly, e.g.:

pokey# nmbd -D -G OURGROUP
pokey# smbd -D

Where "OURGROUP" is the "workgroup" that the win95 machines are part of.

I concur with the lmhosts requirement in the samba/lib directory as well.
Put all the win95 machines, and the FreeBSD box, in this file.

Try this, and email me if you have further problems. I can send you all of
my config files.

Kevin

---
Kevin McQuiggin VE7ZD