Date:      Thu, 17 Oct 1996 19:19:46 -0700
From:      "Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com" <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
To:        asami@freebsd.org (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        scrappy@ki.net, michaelh@cet.co.jp, mrcpu@cdsnet.net, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Iozone: local vs nfs drives

> * Did you have tagged-command queuing enabled?  According to my tests,
> * that will make a BIG difference, if you have decent drives.

>I haven't seen tagged-queueing make much difference for reads.  These
>are the kind of numbers we've seen before (off the top of my head):
>                w/o tag   with tag
>                 W    R    W   R
>Quantum Atlas    6    7    6   7
>Seagate 'Cuda    4    6    6   7

OK, you're right.  And, my tests were with a Barracuda (2GB, about 45%
full), as well.  Still, it DID make a big difference for writes.
Also, this was under NetBSD, but the results should be very similar:

                  W    R
BT956c (no TCQ)  1.5  6.1
2940UW (no TCQ)  1.5  5.0
2940UW (TCQ)     4.5  6.4

(On a Pentium 120MHz, 64MB EDO RAM, NetBSD 1.2, narrow 2GB Seagate
Barracuda.)

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net