Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 17:33:27 +0000 (UTC)
From:      what <thursday@sdf.lonestar.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   openssh problems

Hi,

This is on a FreeBSD 4.4-RELEASE machine.

I upgraded my installation of openssh from 3.0.2 to 3.1 today.

got new ports skeleton for /usr/ports/security/openssh

pkg_delete openssh-3.0.2
cd /usr/ports/security/openssh
make
make install

it compiles nicely and installs fine

but when i try to ssh out of the machine to my isp, or into the machine
from anywhere, it returns crc error, and won't connect...

here's a little bit from ssh -v some.host.com

debug1: Remote protocol version 1.5, remote software version 1.2.32
debug1: no match: 1.2.32
debug1: Local version string SSH-1.5-OpenSSH_3.1
debug1: Waiting for server public key.
debug1: Received server public key (768 bits) and host key (1024 bits).
debug1: Host 'some.host.com' is known and matches the RSA1 host key.
debug1: Found key in /home/thursday/.ssh/known_hosts:1
debug1: Encryption type: 3des
debug1: Sent encrypted session key.
debug1: Installing crc compensation attack detector.
Disconnecting: Corrupted check bytes on input.
debug1: Calling cleanup 0x805921c(0x0)

Help?

What makes this worse, is I'm doing this over anSSH connection, so if I
lose the 2 sessions I have open, I'm screwed.

Thanks,

--
thursday@sdf.lonestar.org