Date:      Mon, 19 Feb 2001 10:19:11 +0100
From:      Christoph Sold <so@server.i-clue.de>
To:        Donny Maulana <dmaulana@cbn.net.id>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: intall FreeBSD

> Donny Maulana schrieb:
>
> I'm new user, I want install OS freeBSD, how to install and share the
> partions, because, very difficult to setting the OS freeBSD. I'm Already try but
> still error.

Plenty of explanations are available at
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/.

Basically, if your computer already has DOS or some other operating
system installed,

1) _delete_ one partition
2) start install

FreeBSD is smart enough to detect the unused disk space.

For hints how to shrink an existing partition to make more room, read on
at the above mentioined location.

HTH
-Christoph Sold