Date:      Fri, 12 Mar 1999 20:26:12 -0600
From:      Guy Helmer <ghelmer@scl.ameslab.gov>
To:        Licia <licia@o-o.org>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, fad@o-o.org
Subject:   Re: added chroot to /usr/bin/login

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Licia wrote:

> For this situation I think really that anything else would be overkill.  I'm
> actually thinking of removing the chroot-group idea, and having it totally
> based on /etc/login.conf, but for now I think it's ok as it is :)

Assuming you mean that there would be a new flag in login.conf (e.g.
"chroot" and "chroot-dir" to indicate the directory to chroot to), that
would be great (and eliminate the dependency on an arbitrary group).

Good work,
Guy

Guy Helmer, Ph.D. Candidate, Iowa State University Dept. of Computer Science
Research Assistant, Ames Laboratory       ---         ghelmer@scl.ameslab.gov
Research Assistant, Dept. of Computer Science   ---   ghelmer@cs.iastate.edu
http://www.cs.iastate.edu/~ghelmer