Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 1995 16:33:44 EDT
From:      PTTL32A@prodigy.com (MR ANDREW S GIBSON)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installation

I am trying to install freeBSD2.05 using the CD from Walnut Creek.
My aim is
to install a system with netwoking features and Xfree.  I have an IDE
hard drive
and IDE CDROM.  I have partitioned my disk, 250MB for DOS, 500MB for
BSD
(which I split into 300MB for / and 200 MB for /usr, and another 64MB
for swap.
I have copied some files from the cdrom onto the dos partition of my
hard drive:

xcopy /s d:\dists\bin c:\freebsd
xcopy /s d:\floppies  c:\freebsd
xcopy /s d:\xf86311  c:\freebsd
xcopy /s d:\manpages c:\freebsd
xcopy /s d:\info c:\freebsd

This is all I have room for on my DOS partition.  I have made a boot
floppy AND a
root.flp using rawrite.exe.  I proceed with the installation by
rebooting my system
with the boot floppy in drive a.  I go through the installation, and
request boot from
 DOS Hardrive. The installation cannot find the root, and asks for a
floppy with root.
I insert my root floppy,and then it asks for the bin/aa.  It seems
that it cannot find the
stuff I have put on my hard drive. How do I remedy this situation?
Am I doing everything
incorrectly?

Thanks

Andrew Gibson