Date:      Sun, 16 Feb 2003 23:30:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        nate@root.org
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, wpaul@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sys/pci/if* fixes

One thing: you don't need to move the allocation of the interrupt,
just the turning it on.  However, if you move the location that you
turn it on be careful that the driver doesn't do something silly in
its attach routine.  I was wrong a while ago when I said that the
attach routines typically turned on the interrupts in the card.
That's usually done in the the if_init() routine that the driver
registers.  So the advise about doing the enabling of interrupts last
in the attach routine should be considered bogus.

Warner