Date:      Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:38:55 -0500
From:      mpd <mpd6334@cs.rit.edu>
To:        "Paul C. Boyle" <paulcb_mcse@yahoo.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dagrab is not working with cd2mp3

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 09:26:38PM -0500, Paul C. Boyle wrote:
> On March 7, 2002 06:50 pm, you wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 06:42:47PM -0500, Paul C. Boyle wrote:
> > > dagrab: error retrieving cddb data
> > >
> > > Do you know how to get this to work?
> >
> > Use a different cddb server (-H host) or don't use cddb queries
> > for filenames. The default cddb server used by dagrab (at least
> > the most recent port) is cddb.like.it, which doesn't resolve.
> >
> > mike
>
> No its not working for me.
> Can you lay it all out for me.
> I don't know what I am missing.

What exactly are you trying to do?
i.e. what command line are you invoking dagrab with?
If you know of a working cddb server, add -H host.of.cddb.server
to the command line. Otherwise, don't use the -N option,
and it won't attempt to query the default cddb server (which is
hardcoded to freedb.freedb.org, though the man page says
cddb.like.it.)

> Also how do you configure dagrab for use with cd2mp3?
No idea. I use gogo to encode.

I also don't believe there's a config file for dagrab.
The program itself hasn't been updated in ages.