Date:      Mon, 10 Jan 2000 14:07:39 -0500 (EST)
From:      will andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami) <asami@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, se@FreeBSD.ORG, andreas@FreeBSD.ORG, "R. Imura" <imura@cs.titech.ac.jp>
Subject:   Re: Qt/KDE/bsd.port.mk upgrade PRs imminent

On 10-Jan-00 Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami wrote:
> Because the version doesn't bump that often? :)  Also, different ports
> may require different parts (or languages) of kde.  Or do you think
> it's ok to just always use kdelibs?

I've never seen any port that doesn't use kdelibs and calls itself a KDE
program. You're right, however.. neither Qt 1.4x nor kdelibs 1.x updates their
libraries much nowadays. They're pretty much done with 1.x, I think.

> Copying and then patching, so unless the new port looks nothing like
> the old one, a diff would be better.

Ok, I will send-pr a qt145 port later this week, along with all patches to
all kde ports, to upgrade them for NEWGCC.

I hope that it will not make a difference that I use 4.0-CURRENT with g++
2.95.2 (as opposed to 3.4-STABLE with g++ 2.95.2). I don't have access to my
-STABLE box during the week, so I hope these PRs work on someone else's -STABLE.

They should be in by Wednesday or Thursday afternoon.

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>