Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2005 11:22:11 +0100
From:      Karel Miklav <karel@inetis.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Please don't change Beastie to another crap logo

Anthony Atkielski wrote:
> Personally, I wonder how FreeBSD survives based exclusively on volunteer
> efforts.  It's a noble idea, but in the real world, things cost money,
> and people need to earn a living.  Something that survives exclusively
> from the kindness of strangers leads a fragile existence.

No, this is wrong - you're just piling up arguments for your case. If
the case is money you should also care about positioning and not
splitting the eyeballs.

And if there'll ever be a really simple logo like red dot, red heart or
plain FreeBSD name, where will you hide chuck from concernig citizens?

--

Regards,
Karel Miklav