Date:      Fri, 08 Mar 2002 09:39:33 -0800
From:      Michael Smith <mksmith@noanet.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.5 and Mailman

Are you running Sendmail with smrsh?  If so, you need to put a link in for
Mailman's wrapper program in /usr/libexec/sm.bin

wrapper -> /usr/local/mailman/mail/wrapper

You should see errors in your maillog if that is the problem, however.  If
you're not getting anything, then I would think there is something
fundamentally wrong with the config of either mailman itself or your aliases
file.

Have you tried to go to the admin web page of the list you are using?  That
will tell you if the list is installed correctly?

Did you set the sendmail flags in the config files before doing the make?

As you can see, there are a lot of variables.  You might want to consider
either posting more here or to the mailman mailing lists.

Mike

On 3/8/02 2:16 AM, "Devin" <devin@whatyoulookingat.net> espoused:

> Dear FreeBSD Users,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has gotten Mailman the Mailinglist
> Manager to work correctly under FreeBSD? I have been playing
> with it now for 2 days and nothing I have tried seems to work
> correctly.
>
> I believe I am having a problem with Sendmail and the wrapper
> or something? I don't get any wierd error messages in any of
> my logs, but when I try to confirm a mailinglist subscription
> it just ends up in the mailing list owners mailbox, it doesn't
> even process it.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Devin Atencio

    / | / // __ \ /   |   / | / // ____//_  __/  |Chief IP Engineer