Date:      Thu, 9 Oct 2003 17:38:30 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Brendan Harris <bharris@stotch.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compiling Perl on SMP 5.1-RELEASE box

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

On Thu, Oct 09, 2003 at 10:04:24AM -0700, Brendan Harris wrote:
> I figured this was more appropriate for freebsd-hackers than freebsd-ques=
tions.
>=20
> Here's the deal.  I'm trying to compile Perl 5.8.1 on a FreeBSD 5.1
> SMP box.  The kernel is compiled with SMP, APIC and npx support.
> GCC is version 3.3.1, compiled with POSIX thread support.

1) Please wrap your lines at 70 characters so your emails may be
easily read.

2) This should probably be raised with the perl people instead,
because it looks like a code bug in perl (or possibly user error).
FYI, the details of the FreeBSD kernel configuration are not relevant.

Kris

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C

--a8Wt8u1KmwUX3Y2C--